Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

Lance Gamma Big Bore Motor - Take 2

Starts easier.  Less abrasive engine sound while putt-putting through town.  Pulls so hard up top I haven't found where the power tapers off yet.  I used to run my 500cc motor to redline all day long.  It's so intense with the Big Bore up there that I always upshift.

This is what I bought my Gamma for.  I wanted a big motor so it could ride through town discretely while also being able to scratch my speed itch out in the country.  Suzuki installed a crazy powerband for publicity purposes.  Lance Gamma has finally evolved the engine to what Suzuki should have released in the first place.

Rick has been telling me to try running a gear or two higher than usual.  When I do that the bike is buzzing less than I am used to at any given point in a corner.  Less buzz makes me more comfortable, which leads to carrying more speed.  Going faster makes my suspension work harder.  Going faster makes me have more speed entering the next straight.  Which means I have more speed when the next braking zone comes up more quickly than expected.

So what starts out being more comfortable winds up also being faster.  Who woulda thunk?

This engine will take a while for me to explore the limits of.  That's a good thing ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment